Nantes campaigners say: Let’s bury the Notre Dame des Landes airport project for good ! 3rd & 4th August – huge summer gathering.
Over the weekend of 3rd and 4th August, at Nantes, there will be a weekend gathering of all those who have worked over the past years to oppose a new airport at Notre-Dame-des-Landes. This is part of a series of protests against Imposed Useless Major Projects (les Grands Projets Inutiles et Imposés) across and outside France. There will be music, forums and debates, on a range of subjects such as threats to agricultural land, environmental and energy transition, urbanization, spatial planning, transport, water and biodiversity. Thecampaigners say this will be “The essential rally this summer to defend the land and agricultural jobs that are threatened, for better use of public money, and to stop projects as useless as destructive, here as elsewhere!” It will also be THE place to invent and create, in solidarity, essential alternatives on the fight against global warming and the return to solid citizen representation, which they feel has been removed from local people during the process of forcing through the new airport plans.confiscated. They say: “No giving up ! Neither here, nor anywhere else!”
Let’s bury Notre Dame des Landes airport project for good !
On ne lâche rien! Ni ici, ni ailleurs!
We’re not giving up anything! Neither here nor elsewhere!
We note that the real halt that occured in the AGO/ Vinci, and government progression has come true on site, and that has been the case for several weeks now.
Strenghtened by the improvement acquired in recent months (see below, the local citizen’s group ACIPA and the Coordination of opponents aim to increase pressure on decision makers by organizing a large summer gathering – which has now become traditional ; this year, it will have an unprecedented scale.
They are inviting all support committees across France to spread the information and organize widely to mobilize for the NDLL 2013 (NDDL is Notre Dame des Landes) gathering, just as they managed to do after the police invasion of 16th October on the ZAD. The great national transmission belt they represent will build the success with us.
However, the airport project is far from being completely stopped !
We must snatch victory now !
We can do it!
The project managers are obstinately misled into a major political impasse, both by their actions on the ZAD (evictions, house demolitions, police brutality …) and by their repeated lies and contempt of the conclusions of the three commissions, in particular those of the scientific committee.
The weekend of August 3 and 4 will be both festive and militant
Militant : in continuation of our previous summer gatherings, we will go on with discussions on issues that are dear to us as they relate to this airport project of Notre Dame des Landes. We’ll gather in many forums :
• about Imposed Useless Major Projects, across and outside France
• about lands that feed – agricultural land
• about environmental and energy transition,
• about urbanization, of spatial planning, and transport,
• about water and biodiversity ..
Active thinking to invent and build alternatives …
Festive: Along with the support of many collectives (elected officials, pilots, geographers, lawyers, naturalists), musician artists want to play their part in the struggle of Notre Dame des Landes. About 30 groups of all kinds will participate to the event of summer 2013. Children are not forgotten : places to have fun and relax will be built for them and performances will also be offered.
One week after the third European Forum against Imposed Useless Major Projects in Stuttgart,
The Gathering 2013 in Notre Dame des Landes will beTHE place to be this summerto defend land and agricultural jobs threatenedfor a better use of public moneyand to stop projects as useless as destructive, here as elsewhere !
It will also be THE place to invent and create, in solidarity, essential alternatives :
About energy Transition, about the fight against global warming and the return to solid citizen representation, confiscated by the ruling political class. The hour of victory may ring soon ! No giving up ! Neither here, nor anywhere else!
What’s new about NDLL project ?
On October 16, 2012, the government tried to clear up the zone dedicated to the airport project and its so-called “illegal” but quite legitimate residents !
The “Caesar maneuver”, planned to last 36 hours, was never able to overcome immediate resistance, which has only gained momentum as in the big event of reoccupation which gathered 40,000 people on November 17, 2012 , after that:
• all over France, many committees were created to support the fight
• many new people came to settle in the area at the height of winter
• Mid-January 2013, Bellevue farm was saved from destruction by the Collective of Professional Agricultural Organisations Outraged by the airport project (COPAIN) and is now back to agriculture.
• Mid-April perennial plants – mainly vegetables – were planted during the operation “Sow your ZAD”
• On May 11, again nearly 40,000 people came and gathered in a large human chain circling the area so as to protect it by burying the project .
Opponents also progressed in legal and administrative proceedings that are still on :
• End of January 2013 : The French Supreme Court rejected the request of AGO / Vinci to accelerate a judgment “breaking” against the order of expropriation, therefore delaying the eviction of the residents and farmers of the area.
• March 17, 2013 : the European Petitions Committee took the NDL file in hand and kept open the two petitions of the opponents ACIPA / CEDPA and FNE / Bretagne Vivante. A commission of inquiry may move on to Nantes Atlantique and Notre Dame des Landes to investigate…
• End of March 2013 : rendering of the three commissions :
– The so-called “dialogue committee” which validates the correctness of our arguments and alternative proposals advanced in the public debate of 2003 : study of a new noise exposure perimeter, economic study on the optimization of Nantes Atlantique…
– The agricultural committee confirms our figures on the waste of agricultural land and reassures expropriated farmers : they can carry on exploiting their land and live decently again this year!
– The scientific committee of expertise does not validate Vinci/AGO and governmental proposals made in the public inquiries, considering the “Water Act”, meaning that the whole content of environmental compensations has to be reviewed!
This has the immediate effect of stopping preventive archaeological excavations, stopping evictions, stopping housing demolitions and withdrawal of the police forces from the area. Additional environmental investigations will be carried out.
Strong because of all our support, we follow the progression of the project with calm and determination, especially in the European institutions that can put pressure on the French government.
The success of our summer gathering will increase this pressure.
HOPE IS NOW IN OUR CAMP!
Web site : http://www.notredamedeslandes2013.org
Contact : email@example.com
NOTRE DAME DES LANDES 2013
On ne lâche rien! Ni ici, ni ailleurs !
les alternatives indispensables :